Monday, September 27, 2010

Photographing the jacket

Photobucket

After I purchased the jacket early in the semester I wore it regularly - but I soon discovered that I liked documenting the jacket without the body. This was great because of how it related to my focus for the rest of the studio. I really like the idea of the jacket having it's own life-force. The photography aspect of this project is great for me as I really like taking photos and value the time I have experimenting with documentation of the object.


I decided to stuff the jacket full of material - it allowed the jacket to adopt a body-like but I wanted the photos to be slightly ambiguous. I was inspired by the lining 2d class where I decided to create enough lining to fill the jacket/render it almost impossible for a body to wear.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment