Sunday, September 26, 2010

Whose body is it anyway?

Thinking about taking a tailored garment off the person it was made for and putting it on to someone else... this is even relevant to ready-to-wear as garments are made for specific genders and sizes. I started my project thinking about who clothing is actually made for. Bear models below:

Photobucket
While the jacket seemed to be quite big on bear he seemed happy to model it and sat wearing it for a long time. I actually like some of the awkward shapes that were created when he moved. Wonder how this would work as a design process?

Serious side:
Photobucket

"Are you done taking these photos yet?"
Photobucket

Glamour Shot:
Photobucket

I couldn't find an image of an animal wearing an item that looks remotely like a tailored jacket. (Note: Terms I don't recommend image-searching #2: cat suit). However I did remember reading about Takako Iwase, the self-described 'tailor of cats'. Garments worn by 'Prin'.
Photobucket



I also remembered some recources I discovered studying stretch. Anntian have designed an T-shirt designed to fit a horse:
Photobucket

While not exactly on the designer animal spectrum, Kumiko Watari designs for 'Giant gnomes' and then places the clothing on people.
I guess it's probably hard to find giant gnomes these days.
Photobucket

And just for fun: stuff on my cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment