Monday, September 27, 2010

Mould preview...

I've been sewing little pom-poms to the jacket in an attempt to disguise sections
of the jacket (eg. the lapel). I was lucky enough to find pom-poms that were
discoloured in tea/peachy tones (current favourite).

I really enjoy hand-sewing and find it very relaxing. Blake informed me last week
about the Militant Guild of Rural Tailors - which interested me because I love
conspiracy theories and sewing very much!
Unfortunately RPTG appears to be a hoax(?). However, the ideas about an inherent sprituality in hand-sewing interested me.

I was reading about the Baha'i Faith recently and I thought it was interesting that Monasticism is banned within the religion. Instead, work is considered a form of worship.

I have really enjoyed using the pom poms to build up a form. It got me thinking
about the idea of building a form for some of my final outcomes - as opposed to
pattern making?

Photobucket
.......................................................................................^^^photobooth pom-poms^^^

Side note: I've also been looking at the idea of leaving the body and also possession of the body.
Below are dolls made for the Voodou Lwa Ezili Danto (Erzulie Dantor). She loves being
given dolls which in turn 'speak' for her. Objects representing beings who are not 'physical/material':

Photobucket

1 comment: