Sunday, October 3, 2010

Body leaving the jacket?

Trial with fairy floss, pom poms, cotton wool and string:

Photobucket

Thinking about images I could use/create for my publication and about 'light' materials I could use for prototypes... Quite a bit of post-production went into this image! But it could still use more. @_@ I will post some other images from this series (no photoshop!) soon. I like building things, setting up images, and then slightly fixing them up on photoshop. This quick way of working fits into my 'spontaneous alternatives' idea for the studio, where ideas are quickly played out and then documented. The focus here is on experimentation and documentation as the key outcome...

Will experiement next time with fresh fairy floss in the hope of getting a fluffy texture. I like light textures and they are really relevant to the ideas I am playing with. I wanted to body and jacket to be photographed as one entity - perhaps next time I will play with different colours for body/spirit or join the jacket and spirit into one solid (distorted?) shape.

2 comments:

  1. this is both evocative and sensational

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie, what an abundance of posts!! I think this really captures alot of what you have been looking at - nice production values!

    ReplyDelete